18 de outubro de 2007

Cross in My Pocket

            I carry a cross in my pocket
A simple reminder to me
Of the fact that I am a Christian
No matter where I may be.

This little cross is not magic
Nor is it a good luck charm.
It isn't meant to protect me.
From every physical harm.

It's not for identification
For all the world to see.
It's simply an understanding
Between my Savior and me.

When I put my hand in my pocket
To bring out a coin or key.
The cross is there to remind me
Of the price he paid for me.

It reminds me, too, to be thankful
For my blessings day by day
And strive to serve him better
In all that I do and say.

It's also a daily reminder
Of the peace and comfort I share
With all who know my master
And give themselves to his care.

So, I carry a cross in my pocket
Reminding no one but me
That Jesus Christ is Lord of my life
If only I'll let him be.

http://www.santidade.net/musicasML3.htm

2 comentários:

joaquim disse...

Lindissimo João!!!

João Silveira disse...

Estava indeciso em "postar" uma oração em inglês, mas se houver alguma dúvida, rapidamente se traduz.

Faz todo o sentido andarmos com uma cruz, para nos lembrarmos da Cruz.